When Is A Registered Agent Needed?
All business entities are required to appoint and maintain a registered agent—also commonly referred to as an agent for service of process or a statutory agent. Once named, the designated registered agent provides a variety of services, such as accepting and forwarding general correspondence, important state documentation (annual report filings, bi-annual filings, etc.) and time-sensitive legal documents (service of process). While the appointed agent may be an individual member of the corporation, more often than not a professional registered agent such as Paracorp is designated.
Appointing a professional service company like Paracorp has many benefits. In addition to ensuring time-sensitive materials are forwarded expeditiously, designating a service company as your registered agent can also eliminate potentially inconvenient and embarrassing situations associated with being served legal papers on the company premises. Furthermore, appointing a third party like Paracorp prevents your personal information (name, mailing address, etc.) from becoming public information and being posted on that particular state’s website.
When selecting a third party to act as registered agent for your company, it’s important to designate a company that values you. At Paracorp, we provide privacy and accuracy in a professional environment—ensuring you get the outstanding service you deserve.
Why Name Paracorp as Your Registered Agent?
Since 1987, Paracorp has offered dependable registered agent services across the nation—positioning ourselves as one of the best and most reputable registered agents for service of process in the industry. We currently serve as registered agent in all 50 states as well as the District of Columbia—offering reliable statutory representation to corporations, limited partnerships, limited liability partnerships and limited liability companies. Our unparalleled professionalism, industry knowledge and competitive rates ensure that you’re receiving top-quality service at a reasonable price.
When you name Paracorp as your registered agent, you can expect:
- Paracorp’s trained staff to perform annual reviews of the status of your entities, ensuring that they remain in compliance.
- Ensured privacy, since Paracorp accepts service of process, not someone in your office.
- Prompt notification (via email and/or phone) that service of process has been received.
- Important documents and time-sensitive materials (tax notices, annual reports and general correspondence) forwarded in an expeditious manner.
- Annual report filing reminders, approximately 45 days before the report is due.
- Overnight up to two process services at no additional charge.
- Our trained agents are available to answer your calls from 8:00am to 5:30pm PST.
- Secure, 24-hour online access to your entity’s information, including contact information, important calendar dates, open and closed entities, service of process history, invoice history and additional correspondence.
- Ability to quickly and easily download your entity information to an Excel spreadsheet for your internal use.
- If you’re not already using Paracorp, we’ll make the transition easy for you—confirming your entity’s status and preparing the change-of-agent paperwork.